Open Date: April 6, 2018
Close Date: Open until filled
Agency: Department of Commerce (DOC) ITA
Position: Project Manager IV
Positions Available: 1
Work Location: Washington, D.C.
Clearance: Public Trust
Citizenship: US Citizen Travel: Local
The Department of Commerce promotes job creation and economic growth by ensuring fair and reciprocal trade, providing the data necessary to support commerce and constitutional democracy, and fostering innovation by setting standards and conducting foundational research and development.
· Provide oversight of all aspects of task level project performance to include technical, contractual, administrative and financial.
· Knowledge of the U.S. steel industry and downstream markets
· Review and quality-check reports of the findings and recommendations prepared by team members.
· Ensuring adherence to quality standards and must review and approve all deliverables. The Project Manager is the liaison to the E&C Exclusions Team Task Manager.
· Supervise contract personnel involved in all aspects of project activity, organize and assign responsibilities to subordinates, oversee the successful completion of all assigned tasks and maintain customer contacts to ensure conformity to all contractual obligations.
· Evaluate information submitted by outside parties as well as internal market and product research and analysis, the substance of which will be approved by the E&C Task Manager.
· The Project Manager will ensure that team members evaluate numerous factors, such as whether the product is currently being produced in the United States, whether substitution of the product is possible, whether qualification requirements affect the requestor’s ability to use domestic products, inventories, whether the requested product is under development by a U.S. producer who will imminently be able to produce it in marketable quantities and any other factors deemed relevant by the E&C Task Manager.
· Must be able to effectively communicate in English verbally and in written form.
· Must be able to perform a full range of managerial and supervisory tasks.
· Ability to handle various tasks, verbal, written and grammatical skills, interpersonal skills and interactions with government or corporate personnel in key positions.
· Ability to work in fast paced environment, highly desired.