Open Date: April 6, 2018
Close Date: Open until filled
Agency: Department of Commerce (DOC)
Position: Administrative Specialist Level II
Positions Available: 1
Work Location: Washington, D.C.
Clearance: Public Trust
Citizenship: US Citizen
The Department of Commerce (DOC) was asked to conduct an investigation into the impact on our national security from imports of steel mill products and from imports of wrought and unwrought aluminum. DOC is looking for an experienced Administrative Specialist Level II to support the Project Manager with this task.
· Perform administrative duties, in a fast paced, highly visible office environment. Products, services, and performance should be high quality, professional and timely.
· Duties include, but are not limited to, answering routine inquiries, office management, manage calendars, correspondence development, records/files management, operate spreadsheet programs, database management/data entry, personal information systems management, prepare standard correspondence, reports, and memos using Word processor.
· Maintain computer-based and paper files.
· Answering and screening calls.
· Daily data tracking of exclusion requests and objections in spreadsheet format.
· Open and distribute daily mail for the Exclusion Team.
· Must be able to effectively communicate in English verbally and in written form.
· Ability to handle various tasks, verbal, written and grammatical skills, interpersonal skills and interactions with government or corporate personnel in key positions.
· Ability to work in fast paced environment, highly desired.
· Proficient in MS Office Suite applications of Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and Access.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Experience working within DOC or the Federal Government desired but not required.
One (1) to four (4) years of work in a similar position.